Would you like to return to sport?
Are you undergoing treatment for a sports injury or are you in the recovery process? We can assist you in helping your body heal itself.
Using your own blood and the growth factors within, is an appropriate aid to therapy. The processed ACP (Autologous Conditioned Plasma) delivers these active components in a concentrated form. When injected into the site of injury the healing process can be enhanced or hastened.
Who can benefit from the ACP therapy?
Most injuries of the musculo-skeletal system, ligaments and tendons can be treated with ACP, including muscle fibre tears and tendonitis. Sport related injuries of the joints may also benefit from the use of ACP during physiotherapy.
How does the ACP therapy work?
- Blood is taken from a vein in your arm
- A natural, arthritis-inhibiting solution is obtained from the blood by separation
- The natural active ingredients are injected into the affected joint
Your health care provider will recover a small amount of blood from your arm using a small needle and a specially designed syringe. The blood then goes through a rapid spinning process that separates and concentrates the platelets and other beneficial growth factors from the blood. The plasma containing these platelets and growth factors is then applied to the site of injury. The entire ACP procedure is usually finished in less than 20 minutes.
The Healing Process
Healing after an injury involves a wellorchestrated and complex series of events where proteins in the blood act as messengers to regulate the entire process. Many proteins involved in the healing process are derived from small cell fragments in the blood called platelets.
Platelets are small, colourless, cell fragments present in the blood. They are formed in the bone marrow and pass freely through the bloodstream in an inactive state. However, when an injury occurs, the platelets become activated and start to gather at the injury site to release beneficial proteins called growth factors. This is the beginning of the healing process.
Advantages of ACP therapy
- Use of the body‘s natural powers of regeneration
- Recommended for the treatment of tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints
- Concentration of growth factors in the blood
- ACP uses your body‘s own natural properties to treat your injury. Side effects utilising PRP systems are very uncommon
- A safe procedure assured by the double syringe
Text and pictures: © Arthrex GmbH